I would like to share a piece of history that you might find interesting. This $2 bill is the only bill that we have in our currency where the person on the front is also on the back of the bill. As we look at the front of the bill we see a picture of Thomas Jefferson, the 3rd President of the United States. Now we turn the bill over and see a picture of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The people standing around the table were the committee who wrote the Declaration. The main author was Thomas Jefferson (the tall person in the center). The person on the far left standing was John Adams, the 2nd President of the United States. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson had a few things in common:
- They were both presidents, and the only presidents that signed the Declaration of Independence.
- They died on the same day ~ July 4th ~ within 3 hours of each other, exactly 50 years after they signed the Declaration of Independence.
- In those days the average man lived to age 45. Adams was 90 and Jefferson was 83 years old.
I believe the reason they lived 2 to 3 generations beyond the average man was to help instill and imprint the ideals of freedom and independence into our American culture. They lived with a purpose. This is why we live in one of the freest countries in the world and can work and live anywhere we want in this county. We are free to be in any mutual relationship we want and leave it if it is toxic (this is a relationship where you will never grow and are always being put down).
The sad part is that most Americans don’t know they are free. Many feel trapped in their lives.. They are angry, feel controlled, frustrated, anxious, or sad because of situations in their lives, relationships or jobs/practices. This always occurs when they fear change and they have one foot in and one foot out of their choices (relationships or job). These feelings immediately disappear when they take action and make a choice to change and put “2 feet out or 2 feet in” of their choice. If they decide not to change, they can still be completely happy by choosing to accept all the unacceptable issues (i.e. “2 feet in or 2 feet out”).
I want to give you this bill as reminder of your choice to be free, independent and happy at all times. Any time you feel upset, angry or trapped, there is something in your life that you are not accepting or changing. Look at the $2 bill to remind you of the 3 choices that you have to be happy and free:
- You can make a change in your situation (relationship or work), which takes courage as you face your fears. You may need a coach to help you through this process.
- You can leave the situation, i.e. relationship or work.
- You can stay and just accept the "what is" of the situation and be totally happy (you are the only one that makes you upset).
I wish you all the best in your adventure of life.
Live, love, laugh, Learn and leave a legacy,